Spring cleansing timeFebruary 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Spring is nature’s natural time of renewal. Re-emerging after the winter months, the energy of spring can whip us into a cleaning frenzy in our homes. So why not give the gift of a good cleanse to your body. Spring is the perfect time.
Here are 5 simple steps to help kick start the body’s natural desire to shift gear as the sap of spring rises.
- Drink more water – it helps the kidneys to flush toxins from the body’s tissues. Add lemon to help remove toxins from the blood and clear congestion.
- Get enough sleep – sleep is energy for the body to repair and renew and vital for the detox process.
- Eat your greens – packed full of chlorophyll and antioxidants leafy greens stimulate the natural powers of the body to rejuvenate.
- Herbs – harness the healing power of herbs. Try fennel, dandelion root and milk thistle for a natural detox.
- Yoga – get twisting. Focus on twists to stimulate the digestive system and get any stagnant liver energy moving.
Why not join a Spring retreat and give yourself a springtime MOT. Here are some retreats to soothe and cleanse the senses this spring.